Saturday, June 19, 2010

The future playing the past. [Stax Music Academy]

AreYouAFanYet.com will be making it a point to highlight new and old music, whether it is the unknown to the commercially successful.  We ask that the public show that they are true fans and support all artists and organizations that take time to create music for your consumption. 

My sister and I were walking down Main St. in Memphis, TN and came across an amazing performance by some teens from the Stax Music Academy.  I remember pep rallys in high school and no disrepect, they weren't rocking like this...  This happened over a week ago but I didn't get a chance to upload the vid til now.  Please listen to their rendition of Mr. Big Stuff by Jean Knight, Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get by The Dramatics and Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding.

Sorry for the quality of the video.  Like I said we were walking down the street so I taped it with my cell phone.  Regardless of the quality of the video the quality of the talent can't be denied.

These kids are very talented and as a Fan, I recommend that you visit their site to learn more information about this wonderful organization (and possibly make a donation).  Click here to visit The Stax Music Academy Web Site

I'm without a doubt a fan, Are You A Fan Yet?  Let us know...

No comments:

Post a Comment