Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lyfe Jennings, the statistician

I don't know if the public has heard this song by Lyfe Jennings called Statistics.  Ever since Lyfe was released from prison and dropped his first single "Stick Up Kid" he had my attention.  Its great when a R&B artist stretches themselves to become more than crooners and pronounce they are lyricists as well.  This song is another example of Lyfe doing that.  My wife brought it to my attention by calling me on my cell saying, "Please listen to Lyfe's new song, I don't know what its called but find it."  I didn't look, but when she got home she played it and I was taken aback at first listen, I had to laugh.  Not because it was silly and the math was more accurate than Foxy Brown's on Nas' Affirmative Action joint (classic by the way).  It made me laugh because it was clever and worth a second listen and maybe a purchase.  Check it out and let us know via comments... Are You A Fan Yet? Statistics (Album Version) or Statistics (Radio Version)

1 comment:

  1. The song is clever, but can't say that I'm a big fan of all the numbers given throughout the song. I understand what he was getting at, in terms of how men can be dogs, but dag 90% of them aren't any good? I'm a woman and I'd have to say it's at least 15% that are alright!!

    ReplyDelete